Going somewhere by using Android phone is something exciting because you don’t need to be worry of being lost. By your android phone you can download many apps that will show you the map so that you can go somewhere easily and safely. Google Maps is one of Google’s products that serve the customer of world map and its many facilities such as live traffic, public place, etc. But what about if you go in a rural area where the place has a very limited mobile signal? Of course in that situation, your Google Maps will be useless.
Today I will give the tutorial of how using Google Maps in offline mode. So if you can practice this tutorial you can go everywhere you want; either rural or reachable area without worrying of being lost. Before you go to your rural destination, the first step of course you need to go to Google Play Store and download the Google Maps.
Here are the steps to save the Google Maps in offline mode:
- After you download the apps, please open it, Find out the area/place that you want to visit (especially if it is a rural area).
- Tap on the name of that place.
- On the right corner of the apps, you will find a symbol of 3 spots, please click the 3 spots symbol to open the option.
- Click “save offline maps”
- Google Maps will request you to zoom the place that you want to save. As the suggestion, please make the area you choose to be small area so that it will be easier for Google Maps to open the area that you choose. The bigger the maps area that you choose, the harder for Google Maps to open/zoom the area and there will be a warning symbol if you do this.
- To access your downloaded maps, open the Google Maps apps, and please scroll the screen until the bottom area and you will find your downloaded maps.
- You can use the offline maps even without the internet or wifi connection.
- Offline maps will not provide you the features like live traffic, public place like railway station, schools etc.
- Android will only save the offline maps for 30 days. If it has been expired, android will delete the downloaded maps from your mobile device.
- You can’t use the GPS when using the offline maps. But you can use your GPS by using the offline GPS like Maps.Me – Offline Map and Routing, and many more.
So, it’s easy, right? Happy traveling by using your offline Google Maps.