If you are the Windows PC users, you must be so familiar with Microsoft Outlook. It is a program set by Microsoft to send emails and any mailing activity in your Windows PC. It’s something easy to set for your Outlook if you have a Microsoft account or Hotmail account. But what about if you are the user of Gmail? Well, Microsoft still allows the rival to get a service in Outlook and if you wanna know, it’s easy to set. So, today, I would like to tell you about how to set the Gmail account on your Microsoft Outlook, so that you can still receive email and anything on your Gmail account using Microsoft Outlook.
So, here are the steps:
1. Login first to your Gmail account via browser to get the POP facility.
2. Enter the Account Settings on upper right corner of the page.
3. Click on Visit the previous version of the Google accounts screen (skip it if you still use the old Gmail interface)
4. Choose or click Gmail Setting
5. Choose : Forwarding And POP/IMAP
6. On POP Download menu, choose or give the checklist on Enable POP (there are 2 options of POP, choose based on your preference)
7. Click Save changes.
Ok, now go to your Microsoft Outlook to get the integration with your Gmail account.
– Open Microsoft Outlook
– If there is on previous email settings, there will be a wizard for setting new email account. Just follow the instruction given.
– If you have had the previous email account, we will add new email manually
– Click on Tools menu, and then choose Account Settings.
– On email tab, click New
– Give the checklist on Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP , and then click Next
– Account dan Server Setting
Your Name: fill your name
E-mail Address : fill with your email account
Account Type : choose POP3
Incoming mail server : pop.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP) : smtp.gmail.com
User Name : fill with your Gmail user
Password : fill with your gmail password
– Click on More Settings menu
– on Outgoing Seeting tab, give the checklist on My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, and then click OK
– Click Advanced tab
Server Port Numbers
On Incoming Server (POP3) fill it by this number: 995
Give the checklist on – This server requires an encripted connection (SSL)
Outgoing server (SMTP fill it by 465
On – Use the following type of encripted connection – choose SSL
– Make a test for the connection, by clicking Test Account Setting, if it is correct, there will be an information says “Completed” on incoming and Sent test.
– Now all sending and receiving Gmail activities can be done in your Microsoft Outlook.