Hello all. Have you installed the most updated Windows on your PC; Windows 10? I am sure some of you here have had this most famous PC operating system. Windows is operating system which is commonly used by many computer users around the world. Microsoft, as the company who establishes Windows 10, has developed and improved many things in Windows 10. The improvements are not only in the appearance of interface but also many facilities. We can mention it one by one such as shortcut system, graphic capability, a more interactive Microsoft Office and many more.
Today, I would like to review one of the facilities in Windows 10, namely as Offline Maps. Just like Google, Microsoft through Windows 10 also offers a new feature that can help their users to interact with their surroundings by launching offline maps. If you are offline and want to search certain area thorugh map, you can use this offline map made by Microsoft. You can easily download it via system it’s used. How do the steps work? Let’s check it out.
As the special note, Offline Maps by Windows 10 is powered by Bing, a search engine developed by Microsoft. Unlike Google which also has an offline maps service, offline maps by Windows 10 allows to to download the entire country that you want to. Google, as the comparison for its offline maps service, only allows you to download maximally 50 km x 50 km and it will be deleted after 30 days from your device. But Windows 10 offers a better option, not only allows you to download the whole map of preferred country, you also can access it anytime through your devices such as smartphone, but the thing is, the coverage of offline maps by Windows 10 is not as wide as Google has.
1. Click the gear icon (“Settings” button) in the lower-left corner of the “Maps” window.
2. Under “Offline maps”, click “Download or update maps”.
3. You are taken to the “Offline maps” section of the “System” screen. Click “Download maps” on the left side of the screen.
4. A list of six continents (Antarctica is not supported) displays on the “Download Maps” screen. Select the continent on which the desired country is located.
5. A list of all supported countries on the selected continent displays along with the amount of space each download would use. Click on the country for which you want to download a map. For our example, we chose “USA”. Note that we cannot download all USA maps from here.
6. Now, you have been able to download the map. In case if you want to update your map, just click “Check now” on “Map updates” option.